There are links related to specific topics contained in each of the sections as they're presented. This page contains summary websites that provide overall information related to Mormonism.
One thing that people examining the truth statements of the LDS Church have a hard time finding is "safe" sources. They fear that anything that does not paint the Church or its teachings in a positive light must be "anti"-Mormon. Sometimes even material found on lds.org won't be looked at or believed by some devout members if it is not what a member has believed all their life.
In this section we list as many historical sources as possible (digital versions). Even if the material is hosted on an "anti"-Mormon site, the sources we point to are legitimate and do not have "anti"-Mormon information on the page.
- 1830 Book of Mormon - provided by the LDS site The Joseph Smith Papers - scan of the actual book (the 1830 edition did not have chapter breaks or verses)
- 1830 Book of Mormon Comparison Machine - compare verses from the 1830 edition with the current edition
- 1830 Book of Mormon - from The Spalding Research Project - text only copy (the 1830 edition did not have chapter breaks or verses)
- 1830 Book of Mormon - from Archive.org - text and photocopy of actual book
- 1833 Book of Commandments - forerunner to the Doctrine & Covenants - provided by the LDS site The Joseph Smith Papers - scan of the actual book
- 1833 Book of Commandments - compared to D&C - text only
- 1833 Book of Commandments - Comparison Table - Wikipedia table with the 1833 BoC correlated to the 1835 D&C and correlated to the 1981 D&C
- 7 Vol. Documentary History of the Church - Provided by BYU Studies - text only
- 7 Vol. Documentary History of the Church - Provided by Internet Archive - text and scans of original books
- Vol 1 Annotated of the 7 Vol. Documentary History of the Church - A project to annotate with faithful sources the entire 7 vols. - text only
- The Evening and Morning Star - published by the Church in Independence, Missouri, from June 1832 to July 1833, and Kirtland, Ohio, from December 1833 to September 1834 - provided by BYU library - scanned pages
- The Evening and Morning Star - published by the Church in Independence, Missouri, from June 1832 to July 1833, and Kirtland, Ohio, from December 1833 to September 1834 - provided by Centerplace.org and the RLDS Church - text only
- Latter Day Saints' Messenger and Advocate - published in Kirtland, Ohio from October 1834 to September 1837 - provided by BYU library - scanned pages
- Latter Day Saints' Messenger and Advocate - published in Kirtland, Ohio from October 1834 to September 1837 - provided by Centerplace.org and the RLDS Church - text only
- Elders' Journal of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints - published in Kirtland, Ohio 1837 and Far West, Missouri 1838 - provided by Archive.org online viewing, PDF or text
- Elders' Journal of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints - published in Kirtland, Ohio 1837 and Far West, Missouri 1838 - PDF file
Sites Supporting the Critics
Sites Supporting the LDS Church
Sites supporting Latter-day Saints
Sites supporting Missionaries
- Future Missionary - site made by Returned Missionaries to help new missionaries prepare to go on a mission. Informative and useful information.
- Recovery Board (largest, most popular exMormon site - former & struggling members. Some of the more radical posters can turn off the more timid truthseeker)
- PostMormon Forum (mostly former members discussing the church, friendly and more intimate setting)
- Mormon Discussions (perhaps the most neutral, more critics than faithful but includes many apologists)
- Life After Mormonism (mostly former members - and has a lively weekend chatroom)
- Mormon Dialogue (run by FAIR - pro church - they will ban you at the drop of a hat if you challenge them)
- Reddit (Forum for ex-Mormons)
- StayLDS (designed to keep members in - current admins will delete non-faith-promoting comments)
- The Foyer: Further Light And Knowledge (members, questioning members)
- New Order Mormon (Mostly active members that no longer believe in all of the church)
- Aimoo: TheViewFromTheFoyer (members, questioning members)
- Exmormon Group (Post Mormons)
- Ex-Mormon Forums
- Ex Mormons Unite This new forum seeks to help those who are leaving or thinking of leaving the LDS church to communicate with their loved ones and heal relationships, have a safe place to talk about their concerns and the financial means to seek professional help when needed, and promote truth and full-disclosure from the leadership of the Mormon church to their members and prospective members.
International Web Sites
Are you are interested in exchanging links? Put ours on your site first and then email us with the URL where our link can be found. After it is validated we will put your URL on our site. Make sure you email us with your URL descriptions.
Add Link Instruction:
Please put our link on your website first. We suggest the
following HTML code.
Mormon Think- An objective look at Mormon facts, scriptures, history, controversies, and contradictions.