Death is preferable to fornication according to the LDS Church.
The Miracle of Forgiveness is the book given to every LDS member who confesses to committing a sin.
“There is no true Latter-day Saint who would not rather bury a son or a daughter than to have him or her lose his or her chastity – realizing that chastity is of more value than anything else in all the world.”
- Prophet Heber J. Grant, Gospel Standards, complied by G. Homer Durham, p. 55
“Also far-reaching is the effect of loss of chastity. Once given or taken or stolen it can never be regained. Even in a forced contact such as rape or incest, the injured one is greatly outraged. If she has not cooperated and contributed to the foul deed, she is of course in a more favorable position. There is no condemnation when there is no voluntary participation. It is better to die in defending one's virtue than to live having lost it without a struggle.”
- Prophet Spencer W. Kimball, LDS Prophet, The Miracle of Forgiveness, p. 196
“Among the most common sexual sins our young people commit are necking and petting. Not only do these improper relations often lead to fornication, pregnancy, and abortions – all ugly sins – but in and of themselves they are pernicious evils...”
- Prophet Spencer W. Kimball, The Miracle of Forgiveness, p. 65
“President David O. McKay has pleaded:
Your virtue is worth more than your life. Please, young folk, preserve your virtue even if you lose your lives.”
- Prophet Spencer W. Kimball, LDS Prophet, The Miracle of Forgiveness, p. 63
“I know what my mother expects. I know what she's saying in her prayers. She'd rather have me come home dead than unclean.”
- Gordon B. Hinckley, Conference Report, April 1967, pp. 51-55 LINK